Have you heard this song? It's a rap song, I don't know the lyrics, so if they are not nice, I apologize. I think the chorus is catchy where he sings about wanting to be a billionaire. The first few times I heard it, I thought, Yeah, me too! I wanna be a billionaire! With my hubby losing his job, finances are an issue. So, the thought of having unlimited funds? Yes please! But then God began to make me aware of all the riches I already have.
I have a wonderful husband who loves me, no matter what.
I have two beautiful, healthy, hilarious, brilliant children that bring me constant joy.
I have a safe home to live in, and it's cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
I have a job, and not just a job, but a good job. Sure, I deal with crap from time to time (who doesn't?!), but I am surrounded by people who love me and care about me and my family. Especially with the changes in our family these days, I am grateful to have my job.
I have food to eat and clothes to wear.
I have a car that gets me to work, to church, to family & friends. We have just one car and you know what? We spend a lot of good family time when we're all together in the car. We laugh and we sing and we talk.
I have a good family, a tremendous support system.
I have great friends, especially my sisters in Christ.
I have my health. May I never take that for granted.
Most importantly, I have Jesus, my Savior. Without Him, I am nothing. He is all I need.
Listen to this: "But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and harmful lusts which drown men in destruction and perdition." 1 Timothy 6:9
The world we live in is all about money and what you can buy with it. But everything that the world has to offer? Empty. Meaningless. Unfulfilled.
What Jesus offers? Priceless. Eternal. Fulfilling beyond your imagination.
So, do I wanna be a billionaire? Um, I already am. 100 times over. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment