Friday, June 18, 2010

Friday Fun

TGIF! In honor of my favorite day of the week, a list! :)

1. Levi is attending his first VBS this week. It has been so neat to slip into the sanctuary just before it's over and watch him dance, sing and raise his hands with all the kids. I know he doesn't totally understand it all yet, but seeing him like that just brings tears to my eyes. I really pray that God uses this time in his life.
2. Sophie is so stinkin' cute these days. I mean, the laughter, the raspberries, the smiles, the cute baby noises. I am in love. And I can't believe she is almost 7 months old already. Where does the time go?!
3. The Lord is really doing some things in our lives. Some pruning and weeding, some easy, some painful. We just want to be exactly where HE wants us to be, doing what HE wants us to do.
4. Work has been going great lately, gearing up for some big events this summer and especially this fall. God is good and it is so great to feel like I can be me, the real me.
5. Summertime brings some of the most brain sucking television options, doesn't it?! Now I'm not saying that I don't watch some of it, lol, I'm just saying...
6. My sweet niece is expecting and I AM SO EXCITED! Looking forward to sharing maternity clothes, baby gear, baby clothes, baby books, etc... with her. Please keep her and MB(Miracle Baby)in your prayers.
7. My hubby is doing great in school this summer. He is still job hunting, so please say a prayer for him! I would have to say that him not working has really given us some amazing opportunities to have family time. If I'm not working and he's not at school, the 4 of us are together. It's really nice to have this time too, I know that one day I will reflect on this time in our lives and be so thankful. (I mean, I'm thankful now too! You know what I mean...)
8. Church has become such an important part of our lives. God is up to something great for us and He has definitely positioned us in this place "for such a time as this." :)
9. I am hoping to make my hubby's Father's Day really special this year. I know he's had a hard year thus far. He is doing so much to help out-Mr. Mom duties, housework, yard work, going to school. I want him to know that we all 3 appreciate what a good, kind, thoughtful, caring, gentle, loving daddy and husband he is. I'll let you know if we make his day!
10. (I had to include a #10, I could not end my list at #9). I am so thankful for the godly people in my life. I am at a place where I need the truth that is poured into my life on a regular basis. I am hungry for His truth and to know Him more. A praise song we sing at church says, "Awaken my heart, to sing of your great love" That is what I want. I am praying for the Lord to awaken me in a fresh way, so that I will overflow with His love, His grace, His mercy.

If you made it through all of this, bless you! :) Have a great weekend and Happy Father's Day!

2 comments:

MrsKing said...

I am quite fond of number 6!

courtney7880 said...

Love that you have now posted more than me this last month! I'm slack...what can I say?