This past weekend, we were given an amazing opportunity. Long story short, I found out about an opportunity to visit The Cove in Asheville. We applied and were chosen to attend a weekend seminar for FREE. (Entire weekend was a $800 value). Talk about a blessing! With my hubby having lost his job recently and all the stresses of life we've been going through, this was so timely. The reason we were able to attend for free was that we were chosen to be a part of a focus group for Generation X (ages 30-45). The Cove is trying to figure out ways to reach our generation and they brought us there to pick our brains. :)
First of all, I have to say that The Cove is...like nowhere else I have ever been. It is secluded, peaceful and beautiful. There are no TV's or radios in the inn rooms, there is spotty cell/wifi service. And you know what? This is actually a good thing!
The people that work/volunteer there were some of the most hospitable people I've ever encountered. We were there with over 200 people attending the seminar and every person I met was so friendly. It was absolutely amazing! The food? Ohmyword, I have never tasted food so good in my life. Really.
The speaker for the weekend was Chip Ingram and he taught on "Why I Believe." Honestly, at first, I didn't think I would really get anything out of the sessions, it was a lot of technical information. I went into the weekend very exhausted and honestly, grumpy. (I knew that the devil was after me big time!) But guess what?
I met with the Lord at The Cove.
Without distractions, without children, without work stuff, without financial worries, we met.
And He showed me some surprising things. I surrendered some things to Him that I had been clinging to. I was encouraged by the fellowship of believers I was with. I was reminded of how faithful He is. I was reminded of the ways He blesses me beyond measure. I was renewed in the knowledge that He is enough. I was able to speak truth into others lives. He showed me clearly where my heart is for ministry.
And you know what else?
I met with my husband at The Cove.
Without distractions, without children, without work stuff, without financial worries, we met.
And I was reminded at how blessed I am to have him in my life. I enjoyed walking around, holding his hand. I loved sharing this new experience with him, seeing all of it for the first time with him. I remembered what it was like before we had kids, when it was just us. When we were often sillier and more spontaneous. I was renewed in my love and desire to honor, support and encourage this godly man that the Lord blessed me with.
This free gift from God (and the wonderful people at The Cove) was a tremendous blessing. I am so thankful that we got to meet so many neat people, give our insight into our generation, eat amazing food, study the Word with so many like minded believers and be renewed in more ways than I can count.
And I'm especially blessed that I met with my two loves, Jesus and Jonathan, while I was there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Love this! This was my prayer for you guys the week leading up to your visit there! Your divine meeting was an answer to many prayers.....We love you guys and are continuing to pray for you through this season of your lives!
Im so glad that it was so good for you guys!
Post a Comment