It's been far too long since I blogged last. Life is plugging along-hubby looking for a job & taking care of the kids, I'm working and planning big things for fall/holidays, Levi is counting the days till preschool starts back, Sophie is rolling everywhere and wishing she could run after Levi. We are being blessed beyond measure at church.
We had the opportunity last night to attend a live worship recording at the main campus of our church. It was an amazing night! Energetic crowd, loud music, true worship with talented leaders and a little Pastor Steven thrown in for good measure. It was just what the Doctor ordered for us. We worshipped, sang and clapped for about 2 hours. There were 2 things that really stuck out.
1)There was a line in a song (and I can't remember which song it was!) that said something to the effect of "I don't want to waste my life." It hit me hard. That's exactly how I feel about my life and my family. I don't wanna just go through the motions, I want to fulfill His purposes for my life to further His kingdom. I want to be where He wants me to be, doing what He wants me to do. And sometimes? I don't feel like that's happening.
2)One of the new songs is called "You are Enough" Here are a few lyrics-
If I lose it all You're enough
If I gain the world You're enough
My joy is complete
Jesus you are enough for me
Jesus you are enough for me
Empty we came
You gave your grace to us
When riches fade
Still you remain our God
You can take my life and all I have
I will sing Your worth with all I am
(the hope I've found)
You're all I need
You're everything
Jesus you are enough for me
(Elevation Worship)
Listen, this speaks VOLUMES to me. When I was single and was so desperate to find Mr. Right, my mom would tell me that he wasn't going to come along until I knew that HE (Jesus) was enough. If God never brought me a husband, HE would be enough. I would say yeah, I know HE is. But I didn't really know. I remember when I came to the realization that HE was enough and always would be. Not long after that, I realized Mr. Right had been right in front of me for quite awhile. :) I have encouraged other single friends with this through the years.
Now that I've been married for almost 7 years, I realized that I haven't thought about Jesus as being enough in the same ways. Since my hubby lost his job and since we've seen some hard times, the first time I heard this song a few weeks ago, I wanted to lay down before the Lord and worship and praise Him. Because you know what? He IS enough. If we lose it all, He's enough. He'll meet our needs, He'll provide, He'll show out as only He can. If we gain the world, He's enough. He'll lead us through everything that comes along.
If you're single, HE IS ENOUGH.
If you're married, HE IS ENOUGH.
If you've lost your job, your family, your friends, HE IS ENOUGH.
Wherever you are, whatever you're going through, Jesus is enough for you.
(I am truly thankful for all the the Lord is showing me and teaching me through this challenging time in our lives. My sweet little family (Jonathan, Levi & Sophie) have come to mean more to me than ever before. My friends, my true soul sisters, have spoken truths into my life that have sometimes been hard to hear, but I am so thankful for "faithful are the wounds of a friend." (Proverbs 27:6) My job, my co-workers, they have encouraged me and loved me through all that is going on. I am blessed. And I am grateful.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Girl....this post is amazing. It may have even made me a little teary. We are all in places right now that the worship song that you posted the lyrics to speaks volumes. Thank you for sharing....and we need to remind each other....even during the dark days...that He IS enough...I love yo!
Thank you for the encouragement! I'm in that spot that you speak of where you want so badly for the husband to come along and family to "Complete" you. It's so hard to keep the "He Is Enough" focus :) Thanks for the reminder :)
Post a Comment