Another week has passed, another list is posted!
1) I am tired of the nasty, sticky heat & humidity outside. It is miserable. I don't want to go outside. I can't wait for fall to get here!
2) Levi has been saying some really cute things lately. He talks a lot about wanting to be a "kid grown-up." He is friends with an 11 year old and he wants to be big like him, so he calls that being a kid grown-up. I just think that is adorable. He is connecting more and more with Sophie-making sure she has her bottle, pacifier, talking to her, letting her "get" him. He is also all about sharing...when you have something he'd like to have. The other day I came into the room with a bowl of cereal and he snuggled all up beside me and said, "It's fun to share! Let's share your cereal" What a little smartie!
3) Not to be left out at all, Sophie is really developing quite a personality. She is a very happy baby, she is a go with the flow kind of girl (so far!!). She has started to wave hey and bye and she is mastering going from laying down to sitting up all by herself. No teeth yet, but she wants to eat everything we eat! If she doesn't get her way, she has this terrible screeching sound she'll make. When we tell her "no ma'am!" she just stops and grins at you in the sweetest way. What a booger!
4) The hubby and I had a great date last night. At home, in our pajamas, on the couch, watching a movie. It was spontaneous-we'd just put the kids to bed, he didn't have to do homework, I wasn't on the phone, computer was off. It was NICE. We need to carve out more time for ourselves like that. Even if we can't afford to leave the house, we can still get creative with dates.
5) This past week, our pastor finished his series on the F Bomb of forgiveness. It rocked my world. My bff posted about it (I have no idea how to add the link), but she pretty much took the words out of my mouth. It was challenging to say the least and I am still sorting and processing through a lot.
6) I should be up cleaning the house instead of blogging. But did I mention it's hot?! :)
7) Gearing up for some big things at work for the fall, holidays and next spring. I am excited! There is a lot of planning to do and a lot of lists to make and you can't imagine how happy that makes me.
8) We would really appreciate your prayers for our family. To be honest, we are going through a tough time right now. I know there are SO many people out of work these days and I know so many understand the struggles of this time. We are struggling. We are trusting God to provide, to meet our needs. And we know He will. But when you can't see the next step ahead of you, it's hard. I know He'll give us just enough light for the step ahead (I think that's the title of a book!) and we'll learn even more how to trust Him and praise Him through every storm in our lives.
We want to honor Him with our lives, with the things we say and do, and with our responses to the circumstances we face. But sometimes, when you're in the trenches, it is just plain hard. So please pray for us. :)
Hope everyone has a great weekend. I really will try to blog more regularly. Really!
"Praise Him from Whom all blessings flow!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment