Happy Valentine's Day to you!
Today, I've been thinking of all the love around me.
I have an amazing husband. He takes great care of me and our kids. He is working again (whoo hoo!) and comes home so mentally tired some days, but he never hesitates to play with the kids or step in and help with housework. I am so blessed to have him. When I met him almost 10 years ago, I never dreamed I would one day share my life with him. He is quiet; I am...not. He is so smart. He is so snarky and has the best, sharpest sense of humor. He makes me laugh everyday. I am touched by his attention to detail and that he always strives to make me happy. He leads by example. He is a picture of grace and mercy and unconditional love. We have been through a lot in our 7 years of marriage-2 kids, 3 moves, loved ones gone on, jobs lost, stress in every area of our lives. We have held onto each other but more importantly we are learning more everyday to press into Jesus, together, and watch Him work in all things. He has sustained us, provided for us, encouraged us & the best is yet to come! I love you, Jonathan, and YOU are the BEST! And you have absolutely got what it takes to be a world changer for Christ!
I have the best, smartest, cutest, funniest kids. Levi and Sophie are two of the greatest gifts I've ever been given. I am so honored to be their mommy. I love watching them explore and learn. I love seeing God begin to stir Levi's heart towards Him. I love seeing Sophie gaze at her big brother with so much admiration and love. I want to be the best mommy I can be for these two babies. I don't want to just raise good kids, I want to raise children who will also be world changers. Who won't settle for less than God's best. Who will have hearts for the things of God. I love you, Levi & Sophie, and I can't wait to see what Jesus has ahead for each of you. Turn your eyes towards Him and watch what He can do. He has your whole life, your whole world, in the palm of His hand.
I have a great family. I am so blessed by my parents. I am in awe of the fact that they've been married almost 52 years. Watching my mom go through all that she has in the last 3 months, watching my dad cry and pray for God to spare his "babylove" has been...life-changing. They have been through a lot in their life together, but they are such a testament to what God can do when you give it all to Him. Their example has taught me so much about marriage. And I love that they are together today, sitting at home! To God be the glory! I have amazing sisters. I love their children like they were all my own. I am in awe of how God is at work. I praise Him for all He's doing and I pray we continue to press closer to Him and closer to each other. I love you, dear family, and I wouldn't be who I am today without any of you. Thank you for loving me, encouraging me, speaking truth (sometimes hard to hear but needed) into my life.
I have the best friends. I have a plaque in my living room that says "Friends are our chosen family." Truer words were never spoken. I love love love my girlfriends. I love the authentic, hardcore love that I share with these precious women of God. When my mom was in the hospital, in a coma and the doctors didn't think she'd make it through the week, two of my girlfriends dropped everything in their lives and they were there for me. I will never be able to tell them what that meant to me. I needed them and they were there. And I didn't ask them to come, they just did. We prayed, we loved, we shared, and we watched God work miracles in front of us that changed our lives. That shook us to the core of who we are and we left that experience together, changed. Thank you girls, sisters of my heart. Thank you for not only loving me, but for loving my family. For dropping your jobs, your families, your responsibilities to be the hands and feet of Jesus. Know that I would do the same for each of you. Thank you for all that you are in my life. Thank you to all of my true friends, for your authentic grace. God has richly blessed me with you. May I be the same kind of friend to you that you've been to me.
And most importantly, I have a loving Savior. Last night, I was still awake after midnight and I was thinking about the fact that it was Valentine's Day. The first thing that came to mind when I thought about love and what Vday is about, were the words to a song we sang at church a few weeks ago. "This is love! Jesus came and died and gave His life for us. Let our voices rise and sing for all He's done! Our fear is overcome-our God is love!" (Hillsong) Thank You Jesus. Thank You for Your sacrifice. Thank You for all that You've been teaching me in the last year. Thank You for Your favor. May I never take it for granted and may I always give You the praise.
Thanks for reading this post. (if you're still here after all this) I pray that wherever you are in life, whatever is going on, that you'll have a blessed and happy Valentine's Day. Know this-He is enough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment