I meant to update before now, but of course, life has been a bit crazy again. My mom is back in the hospital, this time with kidney failure. We would really appreciate your prayers. We believe and know that God can heal her completely, if it's in His will. She is having a hard time with all the changes. She is discouraged and scared. She is facing a long road ahead with dialysis and this is a new path for all of us. Please pray for her that she'll have His peace and courage. Pray for my family that we'll minister to her and love on her with grace and compassion.
My husband is starting his new job tomorrow! We are really rejoicing in this, since he's been out of work since April. God is so good to have opened up this opportunity at just the right time. Please pray for him and our family at this time of transition.
Today marked the first time that our church, Elevation Church in Charlotte, is now officially on tv! It was amazing and wonderful to hear our pastor speak God's truth and know that so many were being impacted for Christ! My mom finally got to hear him preach, watching from her hospital room today. It was just what she needed to hear and it really encouraged her. So thankful for that!
God has been speaking to me through some books I've been reading lately. Last week, I reread an old favorite, Not My Will. It was originally published in 1946 but it is a timeless book. Full of God's word & truth! A couple things really stood out to me:
"Every sorrow or pain that comes to us can be used for God's glory. If we grow bitter or rebellious, the suffering has been in vain. But if we learn from it sympathy and forbearance, it can become a blessing that will bear fruit for Him. You have given your life to Him to use as He sees fit. Let Him take all these things also and bless you through them."
"I am ashamed to complain, for He does help me every hour. Out of my hardest experience He has brought blessing. But I am still inclined to want my own way sometimes, so keep on praying for me, Mother. I tried to teach the Little Chap submission-and my Lord is trying to teach me."
These quotes just reiterate what God has been reminding me of through all of the changes in life: that I have a choice. I can choose to be angry, bitter, fearful, etc... or I can choose Him. Simple as that. Is it always easy? Heavens no! That's where faith comes in. Even when I don't "feel" it, I know, believe, trust it to be true. And I love the line, "out of my hardest experience He has brought blessing." Love it! I know this to be true. He is so faithful and He pours out blessings in ways you'd never imagine. He works all things together for our good! Even the hard things.
Levi got the Jesus Storybook Bible for Christmas and every night we've been reading a story and talking about it. While reading it aloud to Levi, God has used 2 stories in particular to whammy me with! :)
While reading the story of Abraham & Isaac, there was this line: "God had given them what they needed just in time."
I wanted to shout when I read it! I have seen God's provision for my family in the last few months and it has been astounding. Yes, we've had some times when we didn't know how we'd pay our rent, buy gas for the car, feed our family. But He has provided and made a way. And He has given us what we needed just in time. What a mighty God we serve!
Tonight we read the story of Moses & the Red Sea. As Pharaoh & the Egyptians were pressing in, the Israelites began to panic. Listen to this:
"We're going to die!" they shrieked.
"Don't be afraid!" Moses said.
"But there's nothing we can do!" they screamed.
"God knows you can't do anything! Moses said. "God will do it for you. Trust Him. And watch!"
"But there's no way out!" they cried.
"God will make a way!" Moses said.
WELL THEN. I almost fell out of the bed when I read this. :) Listen, if you don't know me, I am a worrier by nature and I panic when things get bad. I felt like God was shouting this at me when I read it. He KNOWS I can't do anything. HE will do it for me. HE will fight my battles. HE will direct my path. HE will make a way when there is no way out that I can see. HE is a way maker! And I love this part: "Trust Him. AND WATCH!" I love it and I can tell you honestly: In the last 2 months of my life, I have made the active choice to trust Him and lean into Him when I didn't understand and I didn't like things that were happening around me. I have trusted Him and I have watched. He has blown me away. May I never forget the great things He has done!
I don't know where you are right now, but I pray that you will choose Him. In every situation and circumstance. Trust Him. And watch!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment