When I wrote my last blog, I had no idea of the foreshadowing! Life has definitely taken some turns I didn't expect in the last few months, but boy, has He been faithful. Let me recap for you:
~On Nov. 29, I received a phone call at 3:30 am. It was my sister telling me that my dad had called and my mom was unresponsive. We hurried up the mountain in the night to the ER. She was in a coma. Walking into that room and seeing my mom was one of the hardest things I've ever done. God gave me what I needed though, and I was able to pray over her, sing to her, talk to her and share Scripture. I had no idea if she could hear me or not, but I knew that HE could. Long story short, she wound up being transferred to another hospital and she was on a ventilator, in a coma for 5 days. The neurological doctors did not think she would make it through the week. But let me tell you, throughout that week, we had front row seats to watch God perform miracle after miracle! By Friday, December 3, they took out the ventilator and she immediately spoke! God has been so good to her! She is currently in a rehab facility and expected to go home in a few weeks. She is back to her old self, sass and all! Turns out she had an ear infection that ruptured, it caused an infection in her brain and she got bacterial meningitis. I never want to forget the miracles I saw God perform in her life and in the lives of those around me, including myself, who were impacted. We serve a mighty God and I give Him all the praise for the things He has done.
~As of December 7, I am no longer employed. As I packed up my things, I knew I had a choice to make. So, I began to pray out loud and praise God for what He was doing in my life and what He was allowing. I don't understand His ways but I trust Him. I don't always like the things He allows in my life, but I know He has a greater purpose in store. And I know that what seems to be a setback to me is really a set-up for something greater He has for me.
~Watching God work has been incredible. Amazing. Humbling. I have been blown away at His provision. He has met my family's needs abundantly and I praise Him for it. I am so thankful to each person who was moved to bless my family. I am so thankful that we have sought Jesus and not allowed bitterness, worry, anger to take over our hearts and lives. We began attending Elevation Church in April, one week before my husband lost his job. The Lord has used their ministry to speak to us, to challenge us in our walks with God and to convict us of the areas where we didn't truly trust Him. My mom says, "God is already in your tomorrow" and I have understood that in a deeper way than I ever thought I would in the last 9 months. He really is. He knew that Jonathan would lose his job. He knew what would happen with my mom. He knew that I would lose my job. But He also knew His promises to me, that He would never leave me and never forsake me. And He hasn't. And He won't.
Some good news? My husband got a new job! We will probably be moving at some point in the near future. We are excited at all the opporunity that is coming with the new year. I have spent a lot of time reflecting on this past year. My pastor tweeted today and asked, what word or phrase would you use to describe the year 2010 in your life? My immediate response was this : my Redeemer is faithful and true. And I believe that. I know that when things are so hard and you have no idea what's going to happen next and how you're going to pay your bills, how you're going to feed your family, how you're going to guard your heart from hatefulness and fear, that HE is faithful and true. Every single thing He says He will do, He will do. Trust Him. Press into Him. Seek Him. Praise Him. And then, watch Him work. Not only in your situations and circumstances but more importantly, get ready for the work He will do in your heart, in your life.
Happy New Year! (and one of my top resolutions for 2011 is to blog more-really!)
"Being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6
Friday, December 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
God is much more awesome that we can imagine!
Post a Comment