Oh wow, talk about a manic Monday! Ok, here's the backstory: with my first pregnancy, I developed gestational diabetes (fun, fun) and now with my second pregnancy they are concerned that I will have it again. So, I am supposed to start eating the diabetic diet. Well....that is hard when you are pregnant and can only stand to eat certain things because of smells and all. So, suffice it to say that I've been, uh, cheating a little. (?!) For the past week, I have been craving Chili Cheese Tater Tots from Sonic. Yeah, very healthy. I have eaten there a few times in recent days, we'll just leave it at that.
Today, I borrowed my co-worker's van to go grab some lunch. I decided I'd stop at Sonic-it's close, quick, and they have CHILI CHEESE TATER TOTS!!! (Know this, I said yesterday that that was my last time at Sonic till after the baby was born, no more eating bad) So I justified going there today.
Here's where the drama begins. I order my current fave: jr. bacon cheeseburger with mayo & ketchup and chilicheesetatertots and a diet coke. I take my food back to work, talk to my co-worker a little and then head to my office to eat. I take out the burger and open it up to make sure all is well (I'm really paranoid about finding something yucky in my food). I see something black on the bun, but assume that it is from the grill where they cooked the burger. Uh, no. I go to "flick" it off the bun and realize that "it" has wings and legs...it was a freaking dead fly in my burger!!!!
Just what a pregnant girl needs to find, huh?
I immediately called Sonic and they were horrified and apologetic. The man said to come by and they'd make me a fresh one and give me 2 free combos for next time. A fresh one?! Next time?! Is he crazy?! I was now left with a dilemma: the only thing I had to eat was my tater tots. I proceeded to go through them with a fine tooth comb (ok, actually a fork but you get the message) and didn't find anything "extra" in them. LOL...I ate them! So far, so good, it's been 4 hours. :)
So, all that to say this: I get the message, God. Sonic is not good for me or baby. No worries, I'm done with them for a long time! :)
When you think about it, please pray for me that He will give the strength and discipline to do the right thing and eat the right things for me and baby through this time.
Just thought I'd share my adventure for the day...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Okay, this has to be the quickest comment ever cause I just nearly peed in my pants laughing. I loooove you!!!!!
Post a Comment